Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Feeling the changes

The last few days/week I've been really feeling the tug of my need to fulfill my life's purpose. I know what I do each and every day is fulfilling that in many ways, but I guess here what I'm referring to is my career.

I've been quite busy helping my hubbie with his ('our') business of late. That's an interesting thing in itself because both of us feel this is really just a transitional business that is providing us with the necessary sustenance to live while we bring our true callings to light. It's not providing us with money that may pull us off our path with greed, but merely enough to get us by without worrying too much about things, allowing us to look forward to what we truly want to become. I feel blessed to have had this.

I've been questioning my purpose of late. I know that I have a strong desire to work with animals, not as I have done in the past in a day to day companion animal vetting sense. More as a native animal rescue, release and research role. I've been thinking of it again a lot lately and I'm not sure why. Perhaps as I have truly seen the 'ideal' property for me to set up a wildlife refuge and educational centre in beautiful Mt Glorious. I don't have the funding for this as yet, and I do feel perhaps that now is not the right time (perhaps only because I don't have the funds ;-)). But nevertheless, the thoughts are there and I've been watching them.

My other thoughts have been on finishing my counselling diploma. I have felt a huge sense of loss since finishing my last subject and 'waiting' to do my prac exams. Why I'm waiting I'm not sure. Perhaps I needed the time and the space to just be and do menial office tasks for our business for a while. This has allowed me to feel boredom, and to realise just how important this role is to me.

I am excited about finishing and I am excited about helping people. At times I read about some counselling of others and feel horribly insignificant, like I couldn't possibly help anyone. When I really listen to how I feel I know that is not true. I have a lot to give and I know I will be able to help many people as I already have done in the past.

It's time to move into this role. It's time to get it done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home