Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Rising above

Today was good. Challenging, but good.

My little man managed to find something to react to this morning. Not sure WHERE he got it from, but I'm theorising that he got a scrap of a previous cereal which may have contained a preservative as he'd reached the bottow of the barrel this morning. Holy smokes it was a full on reaction. All day he was NUTS - bouncing off everything, damaging things, unable to concentrate or stay still. He had his swimming lesson at 3pm and the dunk in the water wore him out just enough for him to pass out sitting up on the couch when he got home. When he awoke he was slightly calmer and the rest of the evening was fine.

Although it was a difficult day, I was aware of what was happening to him and why he was that way and I managed to *mostly* keep my cool. As a result it doesn't feel as if I've had a difficult day. I didn't have my energy zapped from me - I'm left feeling fine. Perhaps even a little excited and pleased at my ability to stay calm within the storm. YAY!!!! I succeeded!!!

One small step for Deb kind :-)

I made an amber necklace for myself and each of the kids today. We've all still got them on - heal and restore Amber - do your thing!!!

Meditation music is going now. I've just had a warm bath and I'm zoning myself down to a good long nights sleep.

I have come to the conclusion that I DO need a lot of sleep - 8 or 9 hours to feel 'human' - so I'm going to give myself a good week of sleep and reassess how I'm doing after that. I'm doing this little thing to look after myself. I finally want to do it. For the first time in a long time I've been happily taking my iodine and my liver herbs and now I'm going to add sleep to the list too.

Perhaps, just perhaps, I'll be able to replace my morning coffee with a soothing green tea and then I'll know that once again I'm in tune.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home