Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Friend's are good :-)

Today I had the pleasure of having my very good Mandi and her three boys come and visit. It was especially cool as this morning I didn't think I would be doing anything! The weather was absolutely DIVINE - it seriously couldn't have been better - warm, slight breeze - perfect Queensland weather that reminds me again why I live in such a beautiful part of the world. The kids had a fantastic time and us *big kids* did too. It's only been a week and a couple of days since I last saw Mandi in person, and it almost felt 'naughty' to be seeing her again so soon - why is that?!! We used to get together all of the time - often weekly - before a medical condition of mine reared its head and stopped me being able to drive. THAT SUCKS. Okay I can say that now. It sucks, because we have so much fun together and the kids just love it.

Mandi did a fabulous reading for me today on her latest tarot card pack - the dragonfae oracles. They're great cards. Hmmm - I wonder if I can remember what they said? One of the problems I have is that during the reading it often makes wonderful sense, then later I completely forget it. Just like my dreams.

It said that I am in a point of uncovering my true self, going on a new journey of self-discovery where I no longer accept denial or hiding my true self (which I am - HUGE changes have been afoot for me in the last few months as I have mentally been getting around finishing my counselling course and am looking at further study in Gestalt while I start doing some counselling). I need to be around water - drink lots of pure water and cleanse in water regularly (even the bath will do, although I made the point that I would LOVE to get my spa sooner rather than later...). Hmm - what else? I got the courage card - the courage dragonfae is with me at this time, giving me the courage to make these changes and to be the real me. Man there were six cards in total - Mandi do you remember any valid points I'm forgetting?

Anyway, it's been a day of blessings. My little girl is currently at movie night at Scouts and my little boy is sleeping soundly after his huge day. I made the yummiest Indonesian fried rice for dinner so now I'm all snug and warm and happy, ready to read some more of my book.

Life is good.

3 Comments:

At Tue Oct 28, 09:22:00 PM GMT+10 , Blogger Crazy Mumma said...

It was a great reading, and all stemmed back to the fact that its ok to be you and to not let other peoples judgements of who you should be interfere with what you want and expect of yourself. Also the water aspect was in all of the cards, its time to retreat to water for cleansing, balancing and hydration (maybe we didn't drink enough water today? LOL). Also, the Moon! Its time to start learning your luna cycles, and spending more time in the Moon light. Its all very well going to ground during the daylight hours, and spending time in the beautiful weather like we had today (ahh thanks Universe, it was divine!) but to remember the balance that the Moon brings to you.

It was such a fantastic day today, thank you! And yes, we NEED to do it more often. No more excuses! :) :)

 
At Tue Oct 28, 09:27:00 PM GMT+10 , Blogger Pale Pink Aura said...

Ahhh Luna!! That's right, I'd completely forgotten about that. Thanks Mandi!

 
At Thu Oct 30, 01:00:00 PM GMT+10 , Blogger Pale Pink Aura said...

There was also the card about the spider - something about healing the past, present and future by overcomgin time or something or other - what was that about again Mandi?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home