Sunday, October 26, 2008

A new day





Well today was going to be JB's only day off in a while, but he's got a last minute gig, so it's a no-goer. It IS however a fun day for Scouts, so it should be a good one for us all anyway. J is already decked out in her uniform ready to go. She is VERY excited!

Over the past months I've been slowly getting the house organised so that I can manage to keep it neat and tidy with this hectic life of mine. I've succeeded in getting all of the house apart from our bedroom and the office done. The office is okay, it can only really be done properly when we build the 'new' office out the back. It's just plainly outgrown itself and needs a far bigger room. That'll be the time that the kids move into where the office is now, and the kids current bedroom will become my counselling (and Reiki) room. Oh I can't wait for THAT one!!

Anyway, in the mean time I still need to organise our room. Little by little. I thought I'd post some pictures of how it currently looks to show that the only way to go is up on that one. This is a very good photo illustration of how busy we've been. The rest of the house is generally fine for visitors but this door, as you'll soon understand, stays shut. Which is NOT good for the energy flow in the room, so if anything it's just been getting worse and worse with piles of clean washing that needs to be put away taking over the room completely (Mt Foldmore LOL - thanks for that name Mandi, it almost feels controllable to me with such a funny name!!).

Anyway, so here is my starting point...

5 Comments:

At Sun Oct 26, 05:19:00 PM GMT+10 , Blogger Bec said...

Well done on being brave enough to post pictures! I'm too scared! My bedroom is the nightmare - well my bedroom and the cupboard under the stairs.
14 months ago I moved from a three bedroom, double garage house which had a fair amount of space into a *very* small 2 bedroom unit - I've become very much more organised and tidy although only out of neccessity!
Good luck with it! Can't wait to see the 'after' pics.

 
At Sun Oct 26, 05:34:00 PM GMT+10 , Blogger Pale Pink Aura said...

Thanks Bec - yeah I thought if I posted them it'd *make* me do it LOL. We have the same issue here in that we moved from a massive queenslander into a very small house. Then we had kids. Then we started a business. Granted, this move was 10 years ago now and the kids started 6 years ago, but you don't want to rush these things LOL. Actually we have paired down and become more organised a LOT in this time, but as you can see there is more to do LOL. Hopefully it won't be TOO long before I can post the 'after' pictures!

 
At Tue Oct 28, 09:10:00 AM GMT+10 , Blogger Crazy Mumma said...

LOL gotta love that Mt Foldmore! I have to say that when I get mine under control I do feel like I have accomplished a lot, and that the rest of the house is much easier to keep organised.

Now, if someone would actually hypnotise me and make me *like* doing the folding, well then life would be much easier LMAO

 
At Tue Oct 28, 09:14:00 AM GMT+10 , Blogger Pale Pink Aura said...

Oh hello! Now that would be nice!!! Although a while back I had taken to listening to some of my recorded books (e.g. Harry Potter, Abraham-Hicks etc) and admittedly that did actually make me enjoy it. Problem was I ran out of books (the HP ones had to go back to the library) and well... the washing piled up again. I really need to get the HP books out again and see if I can manage to burn them.

 
At Wed Nov 05, 12:02:00 PM GMT+10 , Blogger Maria Lynn Gattuso said...

Uh oh, Deb...since now you've posted the pics - it's probably best to just leave the door open. You know it's just a matter of time now (always has been) before it's all Foldnomore ;)

Best,
Maria

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home