Monday, October 27, 2008

Warmth is coming - bring on the barbie's!!!

Well today was another great day. I *finally* got that slightly overdue assignment done - all done and posted. AND I did it by taking that hand down and staying home, NOT helping at school, realising that I just HAD to get that assignment done. And I survived. Although I did still put my hand up for more things at school, but that's okay, because I have time for those, so it's all good.

Tonight I pulled the cover off the BBQ and christened it for another warm season. I made a marinade from Jamie at Home and OH - it was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good!!! I made a BBQ sauce, so fresh and yummy and we can eat it (most BBQ sauces have gluten in them so we can't eat them). Oh I don't know why food tastes so GOOD cooked on a barbie, but it does, so bring on summer!!! The kids ate up really well which made for a very happy mummy :-) We watched the bats fly overhead and Mrs Possum with her baby on her back emerge from her home in our Leopard tree and climb over head of us, checking us out.

Oh and while I was studying today I heard a rustle in the garden and saw a pair of MASSIVE swamp dragons (aka 'cheeky's' as our neighbour calls them LOL) run across our back deck. I had to race out with the video camera. We have stacks of wildlife around here but I'm still constantly amazed and awed by it each and every day. I do think I'll definitely need to get back into wildlife rescue one day. At this stage I'll just keep my peace with providing a natural home for them to live in and visit.

2 Comments:

At Wed Nov 05, 12:08:00 PM GMT+10 , Blogger Maria Lynn Gattuso said...

Ah, that's where my warmth went. Take good care of her...and, I'll be needing her back after a while.

Blessings

 
At Wed Nov 05, 12:24:00 PM GMT+10 , Blogger Pale Pink Aura said...

LOL - no worries Maria I'll give her lots of love and then send her back :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home